To watch Video

Copy the short URL in each article and paste it new tab

Monday, August 26, 2019

SoCal: Airbnb stay turns ugly between guest and host

I started filming this video after my Airbnb host verbally assaulted me with a barrage of insults, including calling me a F--king retard. He was angry because my friend's son asked why the man was being so mean to us (refusing to acknowledge or speak to us when we had waited in front of his home for someone to arrive so that we didn't leave it unlocked). My friend replied that she didn't know why, but she thought the man might be racist. For those of you who aren't a person of color, you may not be aware of the multitude of micro-aggressions we contend with on a daily basis. And certainly, for two African American women traveling with their five year old sons, to be ignored and then threatened by our host -- a large white man who screamed for us to get off of his property or he'd call the police, when we were there legally, this was perceived as very hostile and frightening. I did not call this man a racist... but what do you think?

from Liveleak.com Rss Feed - Recent threads https://ift.tt/2zp9kpc
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment