To watch Video

Copy the short URL in each article and paste it new tab

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Diver frees a tangled Bat Ray off the Goleta Pier.

The other day while diving off the Goleta Pier to take photos my buddy and I came across a bat ray resting at the base of a piling. When we got closer we noticed it was hooked to some fishing line that was tangled up on the pier. After checking it wasnt hooked onto an active fishermans line we worked on freeing it. My buddy wasnt too keen on touching a bat ray with a poisonous barbed tail so I got hold of the line and carefully cut it as close to the mouth as possible. I tried to see if I could get the hook out but it was too deep in the mouth and I aint losing a finger. Once it was free I tuned it right side up and off it swam. I enjoy diving off of man made structures, but its sad sometimes to see the rubbish that litters the sea floor from above (I keep finding golf balls for some reason). We need alternatives to fishing line, as it is easily cast and forgotten but remains under still longer than it needs to. Biodegradable fishing line anyone? #trashtag from the pier will come one of these days.

from Liveleak.com Rss Feed - Recent threads https://ift.tt/2KFckW5
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment