To watch Video

Copy the short URL in each article and paste it new tab

Friday, March 25, 2016

'Like the end of the world in one second' - victim recounts Brussels attack

Fanny Klein was one among thousands in Brussels Zaventem airport on March 22, 2015, on what appeared to be a normal morning. Injured in the suicide bombings, she is now being treated in a hospital in Antwerp. The 20-year-old gave her poignant account of events that morning. Fanny Klein "I hadn't even had the time to look around because we'd just arrived at the (check-in) line. There wasn't even enough time to say a word and then all of a sudden there was just this enormous noise. It sounded like the end of the world in one second. I found myself on the ground and there was ash everywhere. It was all grey. I was covered in some brown stuff. It smelt of burnt pork, so I got up and I got out as fast as possible. "Then people told me I'd suffered burns, but I didn't really understand... I passed a mirror and saw I was half burned but I didn't really want to look too closely." But she refuses to be beaten by what happened. "I'm not going to spend my days crying. I cried a little yesterday but if I continue, I'll be dehydrated," she told reporters. It was an optimistic outlook from Fanny, but the scars are, nonetheless, likely to take some time to heal.

from Liveleak.com Rss Feed - Items in channel 'Must See' http://ift.tt/1SkHxsx
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment