To watch Video

Copy the short URL in each article and paste it new tab

Sunday, November 24, 2019

56 years ago today: Jack Ruby Kills Lee Harvey Oswald

On November 24, 1963, a crowd of reporters, policemen and camera crews gathered to watch as Lee Harvey Oswald (the man charged with killing President Kennedy) was brought to the basement of the Dallas city jail en route to a waiting car scheduled to transfer him to the county jail. As a handcuffed Oswald, flanked by detectives, came into view, Jack Ruby, stocky, balding and wearing a dark suit and gray fedora hat, lunged forward from the crowd. At approximately 11:20 a.m., Ruby fatally wounded Oswald with a single shot to the abdomen from a concealed .38-caliber revolver. Cameras captured the attack on national television, the first murder ever seen by Americans on live television. The shooter, wrestled to the ground by police, shouted, "You all know me. I'm Jack Ruby." Oswald was rushed to Parkland Hospital, where he soon died in surgery. Ruby, charged with murder, claimed he killed Oswald so that Jacqueline Kennedy wouldn't have to return to Dallas for a trial. While in prison, Jack ruby was interviewed by the media, and was recorded as saying: Gentlemen, I want to tell the truth, but I cannot tell it here. If you want a fair shake out of me, you have to take me to Washington" "When I mentioned about Adlai Stevenson, if he was vice president there would never have been an assassination of our beloved President Kennedy " Asked if he would explain it again Ruby continued "Well the answer is the man in office now" {referring to Lyndon Johnson}. Ruby fearing for his life, and the life of his family told the Warren commission...."Well, you won't see me again. I tell you that a whole new form of government is going to take over the country, and I know I won't live to see you another time"

from Liveleak.com Rss Feed - Recent threads https://ift.tt/37zI33h
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment